Ronald Semaria has been involved with many local, community and professional organizations over the years, volunteering his time to assist these worthy causes in achieving their goals. He has been recognized many times by these organizations for his valuable contributions and expertise.
Mill Basin Civic Association, Inc., Brooklyn, NY
- Member Board of Directors from 1980 to 1988.
- Member of the Auditing Committee.
- Personally obtained tax-exempt nonprofit organization 501 C3a Status.
- Member of the youth, polices and drug committees.
The Mill-Bergen Chemical People Task Force, Inc., Brooklyn, NY
- Founder of this organization in 1982, in conjunction with Nancy Reagan.
- President from 1982 to 1988.
- Chairman of the Board of Directors from 1988 to 1991.
- Personally incorporated and obtained tax-exempt nonprofit organization 501 C3a Status.
- This is a drug awareness organization formed to rid the neighborhood of drug and youth problems.
- Major Accomplishments:
— Formation of court watching committee involving members of the community going to court to insure those arrested for selling drugs were sent to prison and received the maximum penalties.
— Establishment of community service program for those youngsters deemed deserving of a “second chance”. Worked closely with District Attorney Elizabeth Holtzman.
— Establishment & installation of “Safe Store” program where children would be able to go for help in case of emergency.
— Drug referral service program and literature service library.
— Establishment of the only Police Van Tour of the Neighborhood for the community to see first hand the drug epidemic.
— Guest lecturer for the New York City Police Department and Vera Institute of Justice regarding the formation of the NYC C.P.O.P. (Community Police Officers Program) involving the “Bring Back the Cop on The Beat” program. Involvement included working with all the District Attorneys of New York City, Mayor Koch, Police Commissioners Robert Mc Guire and Benjamin Ward, U.S. Attorney Rudy Giuliani, Director of NYS Substance Abuse program and Commissioner Julio Martinez, and The Citizens Committee for NYC, Inc.
The Flatland Volunteer Ambulance Corps, Inc., Brooklyn, NY
- Member of the Board of Directors, 1986 – 1989.
- Member of the Board of Trustees, 1986 – 1989.
- Treasurer, 1987 – 1989.
New York State Office Of Aging
- Presently volunteering as a Certified Ombudsman at Nursing Homes making sure the resident’s rights are being upheld and that they are treated with respect, caring and dignity.